Obesity is a growing concern for many countries, and Dubai is no exception. However, obesity, healthy weight loss, and weight in general always spark controversy whenever they are discussed or brought up.
Because of the health risks associated with excessive weight and obesity, it is more prevalent now than ever to find ways to maintain a healthy weight since shying away from weight-related topics only makes matters worse. In this article, you will learn about the best nutritionist Dubai, ways to maintain a healthy weight, and strategies to lose weight.
There are two types of weight loss: healthy and unhealthy. Our main area of focus is healthy weight loss, which is defined as a gradual loss of body weight attained through a combination of lifestyle modifications like healthy eating and increased physical activity.
The importance of healthy weight loss
An article published in the British Medical Journal about a study carried out in 2019 found the following statistics:
In Dubai, 57.6% of adults, or 6 out of 10 of them, were obese or overweight; of this group, 17.8% were obese. Additionally, the study found that women had a higher rate of obesity than men.
In another piece of research, the Dubai Health Authority revealed in 2019 that the prevalence of obesity among adults in Dubai was 31.7%, with a higher prevalence among women (37.7%) than men (25.7%). There are many factors that contribute to obesity in Dubai, and some of them include an unhealthy diet and a lack of physical activity.
There has been an initiative to encourage citizens to lose weight by eating healthy and doing more physical exercise. Weight loss programs are a further efficient way to assist people in losing weight and managing their weight. These weight loss programs work because you work with the best nutritionist Dubai who is knowledgeable about diet and healthy nutrition and can assist you in shedding pounds and keeping them off in a healthy way.
For better weight loss and weight management, follow these few tips:
- Eat a balanced diet: What you eat contributes a lot to your weight; therefore, for healthy weight management, you have to carefully watch what you eat and select food accordingly.
Foods high in fruits, whole grains, protein, and nutritious foods should be a part of your diet. Avoid unhealthy fats, carbonated beverages, and processed foods at all costs.
- Practice portion control: Use smaller plates or bowls to help you manage your portions rather than filling up a large plate. In addition, eat moderately and avoid eating too quickly. Also, measure your food to help you consume fewer calories, and prevent overeating.
- Stay hydrated: Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day. This will also help your metabolism. Additionally, drinking water increases fullness, which lowers calorie intake. The nutritionist recommends drinking at least 7-8 glasses per day.
- Exercise regularly: Exercising burns calories and keeps you fit and healthy. Incorporating a regular exercise routine can help you lose and maintain a healthy weight. Exercise for 30 minutes each day, following programs that range from moderate to intense. You could go swimming, cycling, or brisk walking, for instance.
- Get enough sleep: A good night’s rest is important to your weight loss regimen. Hormones that control hunger and metabolism are disturbed by insufficient or restless sleep. This, in turn, leads to weight gain and fatigue, therefore, aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
- Manage stress: Stress affects people differently; while some people eat less when stressed, others overeat, which can lead to weight gain or obesity. In addition, it can also cause a lack of energy. You can practice stress-relieving activities like yoga and meditation and engage in a lot of physical activity.
What does the weight loss program in Dubai look like?
Each person is unique, their approach to weight loss, routine, and overall requirements will vary. It is important to consult a nutritionist to ensure that the chosen program is safe for you and suitable for your needs and goals.
A weight loss program typically involves making lifestyle changes that promote healthy weight loss over time. Our nutritionist will help you
- Set realistic weight loss goals: A qualified nutritionist will start by learning exactly what you want to accomplish, or what your objectives are for weight loss or weight management.
Once they have this information, they can assist you in creating goals that are reasonable in terms of both the amount of weight you want to lose and the time frame you hope to do so.
- Develop a healthy eating plan: The importance of eating healthy has already been mentioned in the preceding sections. A dietician in Dubai will help you develop meal plans that are healthy and rich in nutrients – a diet full of food rich in nutrients and less processed food or food with high calories.
- Plan your exercise regimen: another way of managing weight is by partaking in physical workouts. Exercise helps to maintain a healthy weight and alleviate stress. Your needs, goals, and general health will all be taken into account when the nutritionist plans your workout.
- Monitor your progress: Your nutritionist will teach you how to keep track of your development as you proceed until you reach your objectives, so you can determine whether the weight loss program is effective.
These may include keeping a weight diary, measuring your height and weight, and recording the results in a weight diary.
If you’re willing to put in the necessary effort, healthy weight loss and management are possible. It’s crucial to keep in mind that maintaining a healthy weight is a lifestyle that requires daily practice rather than a goal.
The emphasis should be on implementing long-term lifestyle changes, such as working with a qualified nutritionist or dietician who can assist you at every stage of the process.
If you want a better way to maintain a healthy weight, get in touch with our dieticians for weight loss in Dubai.