A healthy weight loss is an important element of good health. How much you eat and what you eat plays a key role in maintaining proper weight as well as in losing extra body weight.
For years low-fat diets were considered the best way to lose weight. But several studies and evidence show that low-fat diets don’t work and it often leads to a harmful impact on the body because these diets often replace fats with easily digested carbohydrates.
Hundreds of diet and nutrition program have been created over the years for promising fast and permanent weight loss.
I hope everyone remembers the so-called miraculous grape diet, cabbage diet, 48-hour miracle diet, and the humorous caveman diet.
But do you know, these diets program won’t work till you take few calories and spend more calories. What I mean is, until and unless you have a calorie deficit, you won’t be able to lose any weight.
While considering any weight loss related program, just make sure that it is good for all parts of your body, from your brain to your toe and not just your waistline or belly. A good weight loss program is one that you can continue for a longer time and not get bored. One in which you have different options to eat different food and which is full of nutritional values.
Following are the characteristics of a good nutrition program:
- It should be offered by a professional dietician or nutritionist
- A good program will help you to evaluate if you are fit enough to start this weight loss regime.
- It should be one you can live with for your entire life
- Should include maintenance suggestion and support
- It will encourage you to set reasonable and achievable goals.
- Should focus on healthy, well-balanced food
- It should focus on three basic pillars-healthy eating, physical activity, and behavior modification
Maintaining proper weight is a very important criterion if you want to lead a healthy life. A healthy weight will ensure that you will have a lower chance of heart disease, diabetes, dementia, and other chronic health conditions.